Thursday, January 1, 2015

Review: Ring on Her Finger by Lisa Swinton

http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Her-Finger-Lisa-Swinton/dp/1500879231/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420151464&sr=8-1&keywords=ring+on+her+fingerhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23152196-ring-on-her-finger?ac=1

Synopsis:
What happened in Vegas should stay there, not follow Amanda home wedded to the man who broke her heart.

After celebrating college graduation with her friends in Las Vegas, Amanda St. Claire wakes up with a terrible hangover and a ring on her finger. Her day gets worse when she finds out she's married to rich playboy Blake Worthington - the guy she has loathed the past four years. Amanda convinces Blake to legally terminate the marriage and they both return home like nothing ever happened. That is, until Blake shows up on her doorstep and Amanda has to come clean with her family.

Together for better or worse while the legalities are cleared, Amanda reluctantly plays along, but then the unthinkable happens - she finds herself falling in love with Blake. Can they overcome the past? Or will it end their future before it even starts?

Review: Rating- 3.5
Ring on Her Finger was a great book to start my year with. It was a good, sometimes funny, sometimes heart wrenching, clean novel. I greatly appreciated that the book started right away with the plot instead of giving backstory first. This book is also in dual point of view, it changes from Amanda's point of view to Blake's point of view through out.

Now for the nit picking. I didn't like how often Amanda kept being so stubborn. I mean I understand in the beginning and even for a little while after that, but there was a point about half way in where I saw that she knew how she felt and yet she still held on to that stupid plan of hers without even considering she could readjust just a smidgen and be truly happy.

I was also frustrated with her decision because it wasn't what she really wanted. I wish she would have womaned up and sat down with Blake to discuss her fears and her hopes instead of pushing him away.

I loved, loved, loved the ending... well sort of loved it. I wanted more! I want another book that picks up the moment this one left off and have it be full of smut!

This really is a great book. All of my major qualms are character problems that made it hard to relate to because I would have done things differently. I started it New Years Eve night and stayed up until 5am so I could finish it and I'm happy I did.

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment