Saturday, June 21, 2014

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

     http://www.amazon.com/Anna-French-Kiss-Stephanie-Perkins-ebook/dp/B0046ECFRM/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403373515&sr=1-1&keywords=anna+and+the+french+kissd

Synopsis:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


Review by Rachel: Rating- 3.5

I really did love this book. It was fun lighthearted with some emotional bits. The characters were amazing... each one had their own personalities, which I absolutely loved. It made me fall for every character in their own way.


Now for the good stuff.... What teenage girl freaks out about being alone in France, without their parents, and surrounded by a bunch of teenagers?! I mean come on... seriously?!


As soon as Etienne was introduced I gave a huge girly squeal. At first, all I could think about was... Wow... that hair. Such beautiful hair. Can I? Can I touch it?


Right when I start the girly sighs in my blissful own bubble... it's popped and I'm left standing outside of the bubble trying not to look like a kicked puppy. And Holy St. Clair, this happens over and over through the book.


Side note:
In all of my life I have never thought about how obvious it is that soccer should be called football until I read this book. Foot... ball.... oh my gawd!!!! Where in the world did we come up with soccer?


Top notch book for how realistic it is! I'm only giving it a 3.5 because the high points were blissful, but I felt the low points in the book were rushed and it was hard to feel those emotions. With that being said... as soon as I finished the book, I closed it, hugged it tight, and squealed happily.


No comments:

Post a Comment