Friday, June 20, 2014

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Synopsis:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
Review by Patrick:

Wow. The further you get into this book, the more you can't put it down. I started this book on Saturday, after checking it out from the library, and read a few pages. By Sunday, I was hooked, and I knew I wanted to keep reading it. Monday, I took the book to work with me and started reading on my lunch break. By Tuesday, I went to bed late around Midnight. By Wednesday, I woke up early and began reading while eating my cereal, and didn't get in bed until 1 am, and then I actually had to finish the book before going to bed on Thursday, actually Friday, around 2 am.

How I felt Friday morning at work...

This book was good. I like fantasy and magic books, and the spin this took on the "Good vs. Evil" spectrum was interesting. Also, there are still some mysteries that were left unsolved, which is why I'm glad this is a series and not a stand alone book.


I don't know what to say about this book, other than you should read it. I don't know how I managed to fly through this book so fast, but it was worth it. The book keeps presenting a little bit of information which just adds to the mystery and charm of the book, and the more mystery, the more unresolved issues, the more you want to read it to find out what happens.

I'm going to rate this a 4.5.

Think you like magic. Buy the book: www.google.com.

Up Next:

Apparently Beautiful Darkness, and still The Silmarillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment